Free Online Spell Check
Spell check English, French, Spanish, Italian and German. Features medical dictionary, word counter, character counter, post to Twitter and printing. Perfect for homework, blogs, email and more.
Word Count: 0
Character Count: 0
We hope you enjoy our free online spell check service! Our spell checker safely ignores email addresses, domain names, HTML tags and more. This free spell checker service is powered by JSpell HTML
Add this Spell Checker to YOUR WEBSITE with the following line of HTML
<iframe frameborder=0 width=480 height=240 src="http://www.jspell.com/public-spell-checker-embed2.html"></iframe>
Share This Spell Checker
How do I use the spell checker?
- TYPE or COPY and PASTE your word or document into the text area
- CLICK 'Spell Check' to fix any spelling mistakes
- COPY the corrected text back into your application.
Use this site to spell check everything from resumes and blog posts to homework
Spelling is an important part of daily life and is an outward measure of your level of education
in a given language. Our spell checker is multi-lingual and can even help you communicate with
someone in another country (that penpal in France or that special someone in Italy, for example).
How does a spell checker work?
A spell checker does three things
- First, it parses through the text that you type into a page and finds each individual word.
- Second, that word is checked against a list of already correct words.
- Third, if no match can be found then the spell checker looks for suggestions that are similar in sound and structure to the word that is incorrect.
How does a word and character counter work?
Our character counter totals the number of characters entered into the textarea above. All characters including whitespace, punctuation, numbers, etc. are counted. Our word counter counts the number of words or grouping of letters or numbers separated by whitespace. You can use this word and character counter to help meet minimum number of words for reports and papers, compose the perfect 140 character Tweet or come up with the right 100 characters for your App Store listing.